How it Works So Well
Pure Botanika Pain Patch features a Transdermal Drug Delivery System (TDDS) in which pain-fighting hemp extract is spread across an ultra-thin material. When put directly to the skin, it enables the actives to be delivered through the skin, to the site of pain, and then move deeper into the tissue layers and bloodstream.
Because active ingredients go directly to the bloodstream, they bypass the GI tract and stomach. FDA studies show that “when you take a pill, 80-90% of the medication is destroyed by liver and GI tract” even as you ingest 100% of the dose, many times a day. With a patch, the active ingredient goes through the skin directly into the bloodstream without losing any medication. Plus you avoid any tummy upset that oral applications may bring.
Rated #1 In diffusion testing for the most transmissibility of hemp extract into the bloodstream/muscle layers, our patch stays on for up to 4 days. During that period, the healing actives are time-released into the system the entire time. That means overnight care that you don’t even have to replace after you bathe or swim.
All-Natural Pain Fighting Ingredients
All 3 work in harmony to bring your skin and muscles pure relief
Key Active Ingredient
A study from the European Journal of Pain showed this ingredient applied to the skin could help lower pain and inflammation.
Has huge variety of health benefits ranging from improving brain function to relieving pain.
Used in ancient Sumatra to treat sprains, swellings, and inflammation.
How Hemp Extract Works in the Body
Our hemp extract formula is packed full of healing phytocannabinoids, which get to work right away by stimulating the body’s endocannabinoid receptors located in the skin, before moving on to those in the deeper tissue layers below. Discovered in 1992, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is like an air-traffic controller for your body. It is responsible for regulating your responses to pain, mood, hunger, illness, and more. The ECS oversees every major system in the body, including your immune, digestive, and nervous system.
See, the human body is self-regulating system. Too hot? Your body produces sweat to cool you down. Spiking blood sugar after a meal? Your body secretes insulin to lower it. Like a gymnast on a balance beam, our bodies are constantly fluctuating to keep balanced and healthy–a process called homeostasis, or balance. But this is pretty behind-the-scenes work your body is doing, we didn’t always understand that there was a single system responsible for maintaining this homeostasis: the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Think of the ECS as a gateway to all the individual functions an organism can perform around those many relax, eat, sleep, forget, and protect functions.
This is one of the main reasons that using a hemp pain patch on the skin works so quickly and effectively. Once applied topically, the hemp’s phytocannabinoids can get right to work by utilizing the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the skin, bypassing the need to be processed by the liver. Plus, unlike other delivery methods that need frequent re-application, patches allow people to receive hemp therapy for hours or even days at a time without having to think about it, allowing the actives to stay even and build up in the bloodstream for maximum efficiency.
Which leads us to...
The Top 5 Reasons a Patch is Better Than Other Methods
Patches have been around since the time of the Pharaohs–think “poultice” or “plaster.” Modern patches represent the latest in drug delivery science, popularly used for everything from nicotine delivery for quitting smoking to pain med applications. Hemp extract patches are truly one of the most unique, useful, and effective ways to take hemp extract. They’re quick–getting right to work by utilizing the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the skin and bypassing the need to be processed by the liver. Plus, unlike other delivery methods, which need frequent re-application, patches allow people to receive hemp therapy for hours or even days at a time without having to think about it.
What Makes A Hemp Extract Patch The Ultimate Application:
- Consistency is Key – Patches like the Pure Botanika Pain Patch provide consistent time-released delivery for the entire time the patch stays on the skin (up to four days). That means that you’re still getting regular dosage even if you forget about it the entire time the patch is on (and we suggest you do)! This kind of consistency is key in order for the phytocannabinoids to build up in the system and have maximum effect on your ECS.
- Soooo Predictable – Skin delivery means cannabinoids don’t have to be broken down by the liver like they do with ingestibles, which can be slow and lead to unpredictable absorption. This makes a patch a dependable tool for those concerned with finding the right dosage for their individual needs.
- Quick, Quick – Effects of a skin patch can be felt within minutes because the hemp extract in them gets to work right away once it encounters the CB1 & CB2 receptors in the skin. It can then go into the tissue and bloodstream and begin to provide deeper, more systemic relief.
- Side-effect Free – Unlike oral treatments, which need to go through the digestive tract, transdermal application means you will be free from troubling stomach upset or other side effects that can result from an overworked liver.
- Size Does Matter – Hemp Extract is ideal for skin absorption because the molecule is small enough to enter the skin quite easily, unlike other active agents that may be too big. Plus, Pure Botanika formulates our patch with a waterproof adhesive that stays on for days but has a molecule size far too large to ever enter the skin–so you get all of the good stuff and nothing you don’t want!
Hemp Patches For Back Pain – How To Use Them
Not many people can make their way through adulthood without [...]
Transdermal Patch 101: What Makes This The Ultimate Delivery System For Hemp ExtractAbi Cotler
What is a transdermal patch? A patch is basically [...]
Are Hemp Extract Pain Patches The Definitive Way To Treat Pain?Abi Cotler
Hemp extract pain patches represent the latest in drug delivery [...]
How Does Hemp Extract Actually Work in the Body?Abi Cotler
As hemp products continue to flood the market, the truly [...]